In today’s rapidly evolving health care policy landscape, many of the challenges and opportunities facing Virginia hospitals and health systems originate in Washington. VHHA regularly monitors legislative activity in Congress and engages with the Virginia congressional delegation to share members’ perspectives and represent the interests of Virginia hospitals and health systems in D.C. VHHA also actively participates in the regulatory process with the Department of Health and Human Services, the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services, and other regulatory agencies. These efforts are closely coordinated with the American Hospital Association and other advocacy alliances and organizations. Throughout the year, VHHA hosts a number of different advocacy opportunities on Capitol Hill. If you are interested in learning more, please contact a member of the advocacy staff.
Virginia’s delegation is composed of 13 members. Eleven serve in the House of Representatives and two in the United States Senate.
- District 1 - Robert J. Wittman (R): http://wittman.house.gov/
- District 2 - Scott W. Taylor (R): https://taylor.house.gov/
- District 3 - Robert C. Scott (D): http://www.house.gov/scott/
- District 4 - A. Donald McEachin (D): https://mceachin.house.gov/
- District 5 - Thomas A. Garrett, Jr. (R): https://tomgarrett.house.gov/
- District 6 - Robert W. Goodlatte (R): http://www.house.gov/goodlatte/
- District 7 - David Brat (R): https://brat.house.gov/contact
- District 8 - Donald Beyer (D): https://beyer.house.gov/
- District 9 - Morgan Griffith (R): http://morgangriffith.house.gov/
- District 10 - Barbara Comstock (R): https://comstock.house.gov/
- District 11 - Gerald E. Connolly (D): http://connolly.house.gov/
Who is my Congressman:
To find your member of Congress, please click here.