Successful Emergency Department financial performance requires identifying key opportunities and avoiding common pitfalls. Join us and position your ED for optimized performance by taking a focused look at the critical areas of ED documentation, revenue capture and compliance. Learn about the most important and hot-off-the-presses 2018 OPPS changes affecting ED facility reimbursement and the evolving Observation Comprehensive APC. Topics covered will include correct E/M level assignment, observation rules and payments, and packaged services.
- Correct ED facility E/M level assignment
- Procedure documentation and accurate charge capture
- Charging for hydration, injections, and infusions
- Observation in 2018 and the Comprehensive APC
- Packaged services in 2018
- 2018 OPPS final rule update