1. Discuss the importance of good relationships between the CEO-board and CEO-board chair
2. Identify the ingredients the assure good relationships
3. Explain the importance of thorough, structured, systematic and fair CEO performance appraisals
4. Differentiate between myths and facts related to appraisals
5. Discuss how to develop and conduct evaluations
6. Analyze the roles of the CEO and board in the appraisal process
7. Explain assessment design, including criteria and necessary areas of assessment
8. Discuss the value of character
9. Identify the guiding principles for effective leadership with an advisory board
CEOs and board members of healthcare organizations.
Good governance is critical to the success of healthcare organizations. Forming the foundation is the relationship between the CEO and the board, and the CEO and board chair. These relationships are critical for healthcare organizations to achieve their mission and maximize their community benefit.
Since the board ultimately is responsible for high levels of executive management performance, attendees also will learn about CEO evaluations as the CEO is the only employee who reports directly to this group.
Assessing CEOs clarifies roles, responsibilities and job expectations. The process also offers insight into his/her strengths, opportunities for improvement and performance.
Performance reviews are critical for the development and accountability of healthcare organizations’ CEOs and their boards.
The last portion of the webinar focuses on the role of the advisory board. The importance of the advisory board charter is emphasized and guidelines for effective advisory leadership are presented.