The Board of Directors of the Virginia Hospital & Healthcare Association deems Patient and Family Experience a priority in relation to efforts to improve safety, quality, and service excellence for people receiving health care services in the Commonwealth of Virginia. The priority also includes the promotion of high reliability. Based on the desired response from members attending the 2015 Patient Safety Summit, the organization has structured as a Forum to focus on Patient and Family Experience as a component of Service Excellence.
Patient and Family Experience Improvement GuideThe Patient and Family Experience Improvement Guide is a manual for Virginia hospitals and health systems developed by the Virginia Hospital & Healthcare Association’s Center for Healthcare Excellence to support members working to enhance patient and family experience, and HCAHPS performance. View Guide
Patient and Family Experience DashboardThe Virginia Hospital Patient Experience Dashboard provides information on categorical performance measures as specified by the Hospital Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems (HCAHPS) survey. This dashboard tool provides analyses in state performance distribution, individual hospital performance, and historical performance trends. View Dashboard
FOUR FOUNDATIONS OF PATIENT EXPERIENCE
How can we help your health care organization improve?
2. Partnering with Patients and Families to Enhance Safety and Quality Mini Toolkit
3. Partnership for Patients Strategic Vision Roadmap
4. Patient and Family Advisor Application Form
5. Patient and Family Advisor Orientation Manual
6. Working with Patients as Advisors Implementation Handbook
2. Hospital Leadership Engaging with Staff Best Practice Examples
3. Hospital Leadership Engaging with Staff Feature
4. Hospital to Hospital Collaboration Best Practice Examples
5. Hospital to Hospital Collaboration Feature
6. Hospitals Partnering with Patients and Families Best Practice Examples
7. Hospitals Partnering with Patients and Families Feature